Whilst invoking Egyptian deities, & doing other things in Cairo
with his then wife 'Rose', Aleister Crowley found time to write the Book of the Law on April 8th, 9th & 10th, 1904. According to Crowley, Rose had begun mumbling messages to him as if in a trance such as 'they're waiting for you', during a sleepover inside the Great Pyramid. Eventually, Rose gave Crowley instructions to transcribe, via a spirit medium whatever 'they' would dictate. The spirit emissary of 'Horus' who dictated the Law named himself (in perfect English) 'Aiwass' or 'Aiwaz', later in 'Magic in Theory & Practice', Crowley referred to Aiwass as thus;
'"The Devil" is, historically, the God of any people that one personally dislikes. This has led to so much confusion of thought that THE BEAST 666 [Crowley] has preferred to let names stand as they are, & to proclaim simply that AIWAZ --- the solar-phallic-hermetic "Lucifer" is His own Holy Guardian Angel'. As it happens, the very day British Intelligence Operative Crowley received the the Law on the 8th April 1904 & announced the the birth of the Aeon (Age) of Horus, Britain & France signed 'Entente Cordial', officially ending some 900yrs of enmity. Whereas before only France would regularly come into conflict with their neighbours over the Reine, now both officially declared Germany as the foe, & thus began a series of unprecedented bloodbaths that STILL shows no signs abating.
'In 1904 he had received a message, from what [H P] Lovecraft might have called "out of space", that contained the formula for a
New World Order, a new system of philosophy, science, art & religion, but this new religion had to begin with the fundamental part, & common denominator, of all four: Magick. In 1937, the year Lovecraft died, the Nazi's banned all occult lodges of Germany…..'
Editor of the 'Necromonicon' (1975).
In my view,
the language of the book is certainly Crowleyesque,
especially reminiscent of an early Crowley work (1899) named;
'The Fatal Force', wherein again we find him conjuring the Egyptian Horus, Isis & Osiris.
Nevertheless, Crowley's Book of the Law is certainly a negation of the events depicted in the Bible, chiefly concerning the Book of Exodus but also plagiarising the language of others passages throughout the Good Book. Crowley refers to himself as 'The Great Beast 666', ominously/portentously assuming the role of the Apocalyptic character known as the 'Beast', described in the Book of Revelations. The name of the book itself is a direct rip off from the Petentateuch; 'The first five books of the Bible are sometimes called the Pentateuch which means “five books.” They are also known as the books of the law'
Crowley 'received' his book from the gods of Egypt, whereas in the Holy Bible, God said; 'I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. You shall have no other gods before me.' 'Then Moses asked God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites & say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ & they ask me, ‘What is His name?’ What should I tell them?” God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites:
‘I AM has sent me to you.’
……..So in Moses case it's I am, & in Crowley's it's I was, OK.
Religions, says the Book of the Law are to be annihilated in the New Order of Horus, the lectures of Manly Hall will testify to that, who by the way, called Horus, 'The Light Bearer' (English for the Latin, 'Lucifer'). Most creeds of any import are mentioned in Ch III's legendary lambast against religions….except the Judism. They're conspicuous again by their absence although they are
mentioned in Ch I;
'46. Nothing is a secret key of this law. Sixty-one the Jews call it'. However, by 'the Jews', Crowley, er sorry, Aiwass most definitely means the Qabbalists, who are not Jewish, they just pretend to be. However, if proof were needed the Jews are included in Crowley's list of religions to be expunged, we only have to remember the whole gist of the book is a complete blasphemous negation of the Judaic Torah
(note Torah - Tarot);
'23. I am alone: there is no God [capital 'G'] where I am.' (Ch II).
'I spit on your crapulous creeds' …..Can ghosts spit? & if so, why?
In fairness to Crowley, he did suggest the spirit that spoke to him
could have been human in form, possibly one of the 'Secret Chiefs',
who also feature in Manly Hall lectures.
Also embroiled in this mystery as usual is the Qabalistic number/formula of 7 7 7;
'Aleister Crowley’s comment on 220,3:74, the penultimate verse of the Book of the Law, points to the sum: 359 + 418 = 777. Aiwass in the persona of Ra-Hoor-Khuit declares:
There is a splendour in my name hidden
& glorious, as the sun of midnight is
ever the son.
Crowley’s original comment on this verse was:
“Perhaps refers to the addition of the name to 418.”The secret name of Horus is שטן, Satan, 359. The sun of midnight is Ra-Kephra. The son is 777 & represents spirit incarnated. The spirit is 359. The body, temple or house, is 418.' - http://www.aiwass.com/777.html
1+9+0+4 =14 or 7/7
Since we're on the subject of numerology, fans of Rik Clay may be interested to learn that the number 11 once again jumps out at us in our study of the Mysteries here. It occurs in line 60 of Ch I;
'My number is 11, as all their numbers who are of us.'
& also in Ch II line 16;
'I am The Empress & the Hierophant. Thus eleven, as my bride is eleven.' & it's in the Book of the Law we first hear Crowley's famous mantra;
'Do what thou wilt, shall be the whole of the law',
which is 11 words.
Incidentally, his other quote of note found in the book,
'Love is the law, love under will', has 7.
The Empress & The Heirophant are of course the 4th & 5th of the
22 'Trump' or Major Arcana cards of the Tarot, something Crowley would become profoundly concerned with later on in life.
4 (April) + 8(th) + 9 + 1(0) = 22 or 11/11.
The following are pertinent extracts taken from the Book of the Law concerning the destruction of the state, the church & specifically, the enslavement of whats left of the mob, i.e. ourselves, as identified as the goal of the Illuminati in John Robisons 1798 classic, 'Proofs of a Conspiracy'. British Intelligence Operative Aleister Crowley was an Initiate, Illuminate & Adept of Freemasonry, the Illuminati & the Rosicrucians. The tenets relayed in Crowley's 1904 book were not unique to him but existed long before he came along, within the doctrines of those three institutions I mentioned & actually preceded them by hundreds if not thousands of years. Crowley did however, chrystalize many of the beliefs & creeds of the Mysteries in his works & he may be viewed rightfully as the herald for the New Aeon, if there is such a thing.
'49. I am unique & conqueror. I am not of the slaves that perish.
Be they damned & dead!'
- - - - - -
'The Book of the Law
Liber AL vel Legissub figura CCXX
as delivered by XCIII = 418 to DCLXVI
30. This is the creation of the world, that the pain of division is as nothing, & the joy of dissolution all.
31. For these fools of men & their woes care not thou at all! They feel little;
18. These are dead, these fellows; they feel not. We are not for the poor & sad: the lords of the earth are our kinsfolk.
19. Is a God to live in a dog? No! but the highest are of us. They shall rejoice, our chosen: who sorroweth is not of us.
20. Beauty & strength, leaping laughter & delicious languor, force & fire, are of us.
21. We have nothing with the outcast & the unfit: let them die in their misery. For they feel not. Compassion is the vice of kings: stamp down the wretched & the weak: this is the law of the strong: this is our law & the joy of the world.
24. ……….on the low men trample in the fierce lust of your pride, in the day of your wrath.
25. Ye are against the people, O my chosen!
26. I am the secret Serpent coiled about to spring:
45. There is death for the dogs.
46. Dost thou fail? Art thou sorry? Is fear in thine heart?
47. Where I am these are not.
48. Pity not the fallen! I never knew them. I am not for them. I console not: I hate the consoled & the consoler.
49. I am unique & conqueror. I am not of the slaves that perish. Be they damned & dead! 54. Nor shall they who cry aloud their folly that thou meanest nought avail; thou shall reveal it: thou availest: they are the slaves of because: They are not of me.
57. He that is righteous shall be righteous still; he that is filthy shall be filthy still.
58. Yea! deem not of change: ye shall be as ye are, & not other. Therefore the kings of the earth shall be Kings for ever: the slaves shall serve. There is none that shall be cast down or lifted up: all is ever as it was. Yet there are masked ones my servants: it may be that yonder beggar is a King. A King may choose his garment as he will: there is no certain test: but a beggar cannot hide his poverty.
59. Beware therefore! Love all, lest perchance is a King concealed! Say you so? Fool! If he be a King, thou canst not hurt him.
60. Therefore strike hard & low, & to hell with them, master!
1. Abrahadabra; the reward of Ra Hoor Khut.
2. There is division hither homeward; there is a word not known. Spelling is defunct; all is not aught. Beware! Hold! Raise the spell of Ra-Hoor-Khuit!
3. Now let it be first understood that I am a god of War & of Vengeance. I shall deal hardly with them.
4. Choose ye an island!
5. Fortify it!
6. Dung it about with enginery of war!
7. I will give you a war-engine.
8. With it ye shall smite the peoples; & none shall stand before you.
9. Lurk! Withdraw! Upon them! this is the Law of the Battle of Conquest: thus shall my worship be about my secret house.
10. Get the stele of revealing itself; set it in thy secret temple -- & that temple is already aright disposed -- & it shall be your Kiblah for ever. It shall not fade, but miraculous colour shall come back to it day after day. Close it in locked glass for a proof to the world.
11. This shall be your only proof. I forbid argument. Conquer! That is enough. I will make easy to you the abstruction from the ill-ordered house in the Victorious City. Thou shalt thyself convey it with worship, o prophet, though thou likest it not. Thou shalt have danger & trouble. Ra-Hoor-Khu is with thee. Worship me with fire & blood; worship me with swords & with spears. Let the woman be girt with a sword before me: let blood flow to my name. Trample down the Heathen; be upon them, o warrior, I will give you of their flesh to eat!
12. Sacrifice cattle, little & big: after a child.
18. Mercy let be off; damn them who pity! Kill & torture; spare not; be upon them!
24. The best blood is of the moon, monthly: then the fresh blood of a child, or dropping from the host of heaven: then of enemies; then of the priest or of the worshippers: last of some beast, no matter what.
25. This burn: of this make cakes & eat unto me. This hath also another use; let it be laid before me, & kept thick with perfumes of your orison: it shall become full of beetles as it were & creeping things
sacred unto me.
26. These slay, naming your enemies; & they shall fall before you.
27. Also these shall breed lust & power of lust in you
at the eating thereof.
28. Also ye shall be strong in war.
33. Be ready to fly or to smite!
42. The ordeals thou shalt oversee thyself, save only the blind ones. Refuse none, but thou shalt know & destroy the traitors. I am Ra-Hoor-Khuit; & I am powerful to protect my servant. Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not over much! Them that seek to entrap thee, to overthrow thee, them attack without pity or quarter; & destroy them utterly. Swift as a trodden serpent turn & strike! Be thou yet deadlier than he! Drag down their souls to awful torment: laugh at their fear: spit upon them!
43. Let the Scarlet Woman beware! If pity & compassion & tenderness visit her heart; if she leave my work to toy with old sweetnesses; then shall my vengeance be known. I will slay me her child: I will alienate her heart: I will cast her out from men: as a shrinking & despised harlot shall she crawl through dusk wet streets, & die cold & an-hungered.
44. But let her raise herself in pride! Let her follow me in my way! Let her work the work of wickedness! Let her kill her heart! Let her be loud & adulterous! Let her be covered with jewels, & rich garments, & let her be shameless before all men!
48. Now this mystery of the letters is done, & I want to go on to the holier place…..
49. I am in a secret fourfold word, the blasphemy against
all gods of men.
50. Curse them! Curse them! Curse them!
51. With my Hawk's head I peck at the eyes of Jesus as he
hangs upon the cross.
52. I flap my wings in the face of Mohammed & blind him.
53. With my claws I tear out the flesh of the Indian & the Buddhist, Mongol & Din.
54. Bahlasti! Ompehda! I spit on your crapulous creeds.
55. Let Mary inviolate be torn upon wheels: for her sake let all chaste women be utterly despised among you!
56. Also for beauty's sake & love's!
57. Despise also all cowards; professional soldiers who dare not fight, but play; all fools despise!
58. But the keen & the proud, the royal & the lofty; ye are brothers!
59. As brothers fight ye!
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.
The study of this Book is forbidden. It is wise to destroy this copy after the first reading.
Whosoever disregards this does so at his own risk & peril. These are most dire.
Those who discuss the contents of this Book are to be shunned by all, as centres of pestilence.'
- - - - -